Pages

Thursday 10 April 2014

A sigh of relief

Hello again everyone, I hope you are well. I have finally finished all my assignments for my undergraduate degree! All my deadlines have now passed, and all my work has been submitted, including my dissertation, and let me tell you what a relief that was uploading it to TurnItIn. After submitting that, I felt as though a huge weight had been lifted off my shoulder. Hopefully all the hard work I put in will pay off. Although it was a stressful time, I found the whole experience very interesting, and I learnt a great deal about motivation, the subject of my dissertation. I found that praise had an effect on how people are motivated, as well as reward (money, or benefits).

All that being said, it’s not over yet sadly. I still have three exams left which I am not looking forward to. I am not very good at exams, and they always make me super stressed. Revision over the upcoming weeks is going to fun… but after those three exams are over, I will be finished, and will have graduation to look forward to. I most likely will also not have much of a social life until my exams have finished, but it’s not that long to go now.

I will however have one thing to look forward to in the next few weeks. Next week a friend of mine is coming back to the UK after spending 9 months in the Caribbean on a sandwich year work placement, so my friends and I are throwing him a welcome back party. It will be nice to see him again after all this time, and hopefully it should be a good day. I often wonder what it must be like to live somewhere completely different for a long period of time, and it is something I would like to do some day once I have completed my education, although I plan on continuing my education for as long as possible, I believe lifelong learning is essential.


Well that’s it for me this time, I hope you are all working hard and are up to date with all your work, until next time everyone! 

No comments:

Post a Comment