Pages

Tuesday 25 February 2014

The shortest month

Hello again everyone, I hope you are all well. I can’t believe that February is almost over! I know it is the shortest month of the year, but it doesn't help at this time, as in a month, I have nearly all of my deadlines! The other day I came across some interesting information as to why February is the shortest month of the year, and is mainly because of the Romans and February being classed as an unlucky month. This is probably why they wanted it to be as short as possible. It may not be fact, but it was an interesting read nonetheless. February also held the half term for schools. I sure miss half terms, a week off from school, those were the days… at least it meant for me there were no school kids on the buses in the morning! Yay!

As you may know, travel is always a consistent topic in my entries, and this update will be no different. When I was in the USA last summer, I managed to earn myself over 11,000 air miles (or Avios as British Airways calls them) which for me means a free return flight (plus taxes) as far north as Bergen (Norway), as far south as Marseille (France), as far east as Prague (Czech Republic), and not much is west from the UK. I did recently discover though that I can earn extra air miles by shopping at Tesco from the points earned on my Clubcard. This means that I am now 1,600 air miles away from 15,000 Avios, which can take me as far as Helsinki (Finland), or Algiers (Algeria), as I now have 13,344 Avios points.

Whilst on the subject of Tesco, I have also recently discovered the Natwest Cashback Plus scheme applies there, which means that for every purchase at Tesco I use my debit card for, I earn 1% back! It may not sound like much, but from just doing my usual shopping, I have earned £0.29, which over time will add up and for not doing anything I wouldn't normally do. So there are two good reasons to shop at Tesco.


Until next time everyone, and as always, good luck with any studies you may have!

No comments:

Post a Comment