Pages

Wednesday 18 December 2013

I’m done! For now…

Hello there everyone, I hope you are well. As the title of this blog would indicate, I have finished all my term one assignments! I haven’t received any grades back for the work I’ve submitted, but I did have my dissertation ethics form approved, so I can go ahead and conduct my research for my dissertation once my literature feedback has been returned. Speaking of which, I don’t think I’ve discussed what my dissertation topic is.


As you may or may not know, my degree is human resource management, and my dissertation will be looking into praise and reward relating to motivation in the workplace. It may not sound like the most interesting of topics, but it is important for managers to know the most effective ways of motivating their employees, and someone needs to do the research!

Steering the topic away from university for a while, it doesn’t feel like it is Christmas next week! I have found that the older I have gotten, the less I enjoy Christmas. As most of you will probably know, as a student you often do not have a lot of spare money, and as soon as December rolls around, I just sigh knowing that I have to buy presents. This year I have only gotten presents for the important people, and I’ve tried to spend under £10 per person, and it seems to have worked.

To the people I didn’t buy presents for, I sent them a personalised card. This brings me onto my next topic of post delivery. I don’t know about anyone else, but the post seems to be really slow recently. I don’t know if it’s the time of the year, but I sent a card to one of my friends who lives in the south of Germany, and at the same time sent a card to someone in Manchester. The card sent to Germany took 2 days to arrive, and the card to Manchester took 5… both sent first class.

This will most likely be the last entry of 2013, so I would like to take this opportunity to wish all of you a very Merry Christmas, and I hope you all have a pleasant entry into 2014. Until next year everyone, and the best of luck with any work you may have remaining!

No comments:

Post a Comment